Carrier Management allows integration through Magento Order Management with your preferred shipment carrier software for Ship From Store orders (SFS). When Carrier Integration is implemented, you can request per box shipping information through the MOM SFS Interface. This will allow store employees to fulfill tasks such as get tracking links and/or print shipping labels through the MOM Interface.
- Carrier Integration must be enabled by your MOM Implementation Team.
- An application registered with your MOM Instance that is capable of handling carrier requests sent from MOM > requesting shipping details through the carrier provider > and responding to the request in a SYNCHRONOUS manner with shipping information.
- Box names and dimensions provided to your MOM account team during implementation including:
- Key (key value for the box)
- Box Name
- Unit of measurement (cm, inches, or ft)
- Box weight is calculated using the warehouse weight and weight unit provided in the product catalog sent to MOM. If weight is not provided for a product, MOM will use a default weight to be included with the request for carrier details.
- If your SFS orders allow for selection of different shipping methods than standard WH or FC home deliveries, these shipping methods need to be added to your MOM instance and provided to your MOM account team. This shipping method will be provided in the shipment details request discussed below.
- SFS Orders will be similar to ISPU orders in that a new order requiring a “Pick List” is generated. If a store/source has SFS orders assigned to it, you will see these under Sales > Ship From Store in the OMS Admin
- Any stores that have new SFS orders will have an action button to “Generate Pick List” from the SFS Order Dashboard
- From a pick list, a store associate confirms the item(s) are picked or declined in the SFS Interface similar to an ISPU order.
- Order lines can be separated out into different boxes by clicking configure boxes on the left of the order line. An associate can add more boxes and consolidate items into a single box where applicable.
- Once the items are allocated to boxes, click Confirm Packing
- MOM broadcasts a SYNCHRONOUS request_shipping_details message to application registered to receive this message.
- Magento will need to know a default weight and weight unit per shipment request when this information is not provided in the catalog
- The registered application that receives this message will need to transform and forward to the shipping integrator per their specification to retrieve the shipping information.
- The application should respond to the message (in a SYNCHRONOUS manner) with package information which includes:
- carrier - Name of the shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)
- The returned package data will populate in the order box line for the SFS Interface so that the associate can, for example, print a label which is populated by the shipping label link sent back.