Carrier management allows for integration through the Order Management System (OMS) with your preferred shipment carrier software for Ship From Store orders (SFS).
When carrier integration is implemented, you can request shipping information per box through the OMS SFS interface in the OMS Admin.
Store employees can use the OMS Admin to fulfill tasks, such as get tracking links and/or print shipping labels through the OMS Interface.
The following are requirements for integrating carrier management into your OMS:
- The integration must be enabled by your OMS implementation team.
- You must have an application registered with your OMS Instance, which is capable of handling carrier requests sent from the OMS, requesting shipping details through the carrier provide, and responding to the request in a
SYNCHRONOUSmanner with applicable shipping information.
- You must provide box names and dimensions to your OMS account team during implementation, including:
- Key (key value for the box)
- Box Name
- Unit of measurement (cm, inches, or ft)
- Box weight is calculated using the warehouse weight and weight unit provided in the product catalog sent to the OMS. If weight is not provided for a product, the OMS will use a default weight to be included with the request for carrier details.
- If your SFS orders allow for selection of different shipping methods than standard WH or FC home deliveries, these shipping methods must be added to your OMS instance and provided to your OMS account team. This shipping method will be provided in the shipment details request discussed below.
SFS Orders are similar to ISPU orders: a new order requiring a pick list is generated.
If a store/source has SFS orders assigned to it, you can view them in Sales > Ship from Store in the OMS Admin.
Any stores that have new SFS orders will show a Generate Pick List option within the SFS Order Dashboard.
To integrate carrier management into your OMS:
- From a pick list, a store associate confirms the item(s) are picked or declined in the SFS interface, similar to an ISPU order.
- Order lines can be separated into different boxes by clicking Configure boxes on the left of the order line. An associate can add more boxes and consolidate items into a single box where applicable.
- Once the items are allocated to boxes, click Confirm Packing.
- The OMS broadcasts a
request_shipping_detailsmessage to the application registered to receive this message.
- Magento will need to know a default weight and weight unit per shipment request when this information is not provided in the catalog
- The registered application that receives this message must transform and forward the shipping integrator per their specification to retrieve the shipping information.
- The application should respond to the message (in a
SYNCHRONOUSmanner) with package information, which includes:
carrier- name of the shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)
- The returned package data will populate in the order box line for the SFS interface so that the associate can, for example, print a label which is populated by the shipping label link sent back.