This page provides a summary of pre-launch checklist items or actions that must be fulfilled before launching your Order Management System (OMS).
The following resources are available for assistance with the pre-launch checklist:
- Customer Success Manager (CSM)
- Technical Account Manager (TAM)
- Solution Architect (SA)
If you encounter any problems during launch, contact Magento support or the assigned TAM to open an urgent ticket.
Prior to opening a ticket to Go Live complete the following checklist and all tests for your deployed site or store.
End-to-End Testing Phase Checklist
- Verify that all integrations are registered to the OMS Integration Bus.
- Verify that the OMS Cron jobs are running in your production environment.
- Verify that all sales channels are configured in your OMS.
- Verify that all sales channels are configured in Magento like in your OMS. You can find these configurations in the MCOM tab.
- Verify that all the sources and stock-aggregates are configured in your OMS.
- Verify that all sources and stock-aggregates are configured in Magento like for your OMS. You can find these configurations in the MCOM tab.
- Verify that all the sourcing rules are configured in your OMS.
- Verify that all the payments are configured in your OMS.
- Verify that all shipments methods are configured in your OMS.
- Submit to Magento a complete version of UAT with the final status.
- Ensure all critical issues are closed in both the Developer and Magento ticketing systems. Also ensure current open tickets have been reviewed with the client and are noted as non-critical (no launch blockers for existing tickets).
Complete Pre-Launch Checklist
- Ensure all Go Live risk mitigation plans are updated (for example, dates, on call contact info).
- Provide final MDC domains names to your assigned TAM and CSM.
- Test outgoing emails in the external system.
- Check that the final catalog has been uploaded to your OMS.
- Check that the final inventory has been provided to your OMS and it has correctly been propagated to Magento .
- Ensure that Golden orders have been processed correctly through all systems.
- Change the default OMS Admin password.
- Remove any users with access to the project that no longer require access.
- Verify that all test data introduced during the UAT in the production environments has been deleted.
Prepare Go Live call
Email your TAM and Customer Service Manager (CSM) with this request in order to set up the Go Live call (typically held the day of launch or the day before launch).
- Coordinate with your assigned TAM and CSM on a formal Pre-launch meeting with Magento, Developer/SI and Client to review the status of the above checklists.
- Launch date and time window to be confirmed (for example, Mon. Aug. 3, 12AM-3AM UTC).
- If the Launch date changes, notify Magento via ticket New Launch Window (Client Name).
Enable High SLA
Email your TAM and CSM when the website is launched.
The CSM and TAM will perform the following tasks as soon as cutover is completed:
- Create a support ticket to active monitoring alarms.
- Review state of monitoring and ensure all items are in green.
A Magento TAM will be available during your launch window to assist with any issues that may arise during the cutover.
If you encounter any problems during launch, contact our Support team or TAM assigned and open an urgent ticket.
If Business Intelligence is part of the contract:
- Business Intelligence is activated once merchant goes live.
- CSM will contact the Business Intelligence Team to ensure that the Merchant has the login credentials and to inform of the Live status.
- CSM will schedule a Post-Launch call with Merchant.