Order Management System (OMS)
This Getting Started section of the Order Management System (OMS) documentation provides an overview of OMS. You will find several helpful resources to help you understand what OMS is all about and help you get started.
The OMS docs contain the following content areas:
|Getting Started||Information to help you get started with OMS, including Terminology and a use case for an Order Flow.||See Getting Started|
|User Guides||Information about how to use your Dashboard and Admin Panel.||See User Guides|
|Integration Guides||Information about the Integration Framework of OMS.||See Integration Guides|
|Features and Processes||Information about the features and business processes in OMS.||See Features and Processes|
|Specifications||Information about the messages and specifications used in OMS and in the Configuration portal.||See Specifications|
OMS in a nutshell
The Magento Order Management System (OMS) is a flexible and affordable solution for managing, selling, and fulfilling inventory from any sales channel. OMS provides a seamless customer experience, which increases sales while reducing costs, and accelerates the time to market.
OMS’ capabilities include:
- Global visibility and management of all inventory
- Ability to ship to and from anywhere
- Easier and more responsive customer service
- Better customer experience and loyalty
More architectural strategy than all-in-one product, OMS is an integration hub which allows you to optimize order infrastructure and processes. Fully configurable to allow for your specific use case and product set, it leverages a standard API to link inventory, shipment, and returns with multiple sales channels.
Order management is a set of modules that work together like a fine-tuned e-commerce machine:
- Distributed order management - determines what set of methods and channels make the most sense for fulfilling an order efficiently, to best deliver against customer expectations
- Sourcing - a bird’s-eye-view of global inventory which allows merchants to define and optimize how products are sourced from all available inventory
- Store fulfillment - allows merchants to turn their stores into mini distribution centers, for easy and adaptive sourcing of multi-store inventory and online selling
- Customer service - enables easier order modifications and integration with other essential customer service tools
- Mobile point-of-sale (POS) - enhances the in-store experience and ensures a customer never leaves the store without the desired product (or the assurance that it will be quickly shipped right to them)
- Business intelligence - fully leverages order management analytics to gain valuable insight on orders, shipments, returns, and payments
OMS works to centralize global inventory, intelligently source items for fulfillment, and manage orders while providing a consistent and full-featured shopping experience. From the second a customer clicks to purchase a product, to the moment it is delivered or picked up, OMS competently handles the orchestration and execution of an order.