The oms inventory management provides a powerful fulfillment and inventory capabilities including an easy-to-use interfaces that will allow to track and understand stock movements across all the sources (warehouses and physical stores).
Inventory menu in Admin
This page displays an overview of the current quantities available for each option in each source (IMPORTANT: only options that have received at least once stock information are displayed in this page).You can filter this list by source and you can order the columns by pressing the column title.
In this view, you will see a summary of the inventory by source. Each of the sources details the total stock and also breaks down the SKUs that are in stock and out of stock. Finally, in the right part of the table, you can see the details of each of the sources by clicking on the link in each line.
Once you have accessed the detail of one of the sources, there is another summary of the stock by Item style code, option client sku, status, name and quantity. From this page you can also modify the source to avoid going back.
Source Stock Detail
In the quantity field, there is a link that gives you the history of all stock changes in each Item style code.
The OMS needs to run a stock aggregation process before exporting a feed to the frontend to ensure the stock displayed to be sold is accurate. The process is executing the following steps:
- Quantities imported with the inventory feed are saved in the source-stock table.
- Aggregation of stock for each one of the sources associated to the stock aggregate (i.e.: WEB1 is associated to SOURCE1 and SOURCE2 the quantities for both sources are aggregated).
- All inflight orders for the stock aggregate (web store) are decreased. INFLIGHT: all lines that are in between the stock allocation and the LSP confirmation (for clients not sending the received by LSP then is once the line is shipped).
- The safety stock quantity for all the sources associated to the stock aggregate are summed and decreased from the quantity to be exported.
- Adding a flag in the stock event (the column communicated) to indicate that the event should be exporting a feed the next time the inventory job is running.
This page shows the result of the stock aggregation by source that you must select in the upper right of the table. In the quantity field, there is a link that gives you the history of each stock aggregate per item:
Stock Aggregate History
- Event creation date
- Exported quantity: total stock amount that you export (available for sale)
- Trace overview: page in Admin that provides insight into how, why and when the stock quantities were updated and safeties stock applied.
The Exported quantity calculation showed in this page is as follows:
a) First, you will see the breakdown at a source level so you will see all the sources that are associated to this particular aggregate:
- (+) Warehouse Quantity per source based on the stock snapshot or adjustment that OMS has received.
- (-) Safety Stock at a source level (configurable for each of the sources)
- (-) Inflight per source (Hard inflight)
- Total: Available from source
b) Second, it calculates the stock available for sales or exported quantity.
- (+) Total aggregate quantities. This is the total amount of stock available for each source
- (-) Aggregate Safety Stock (Safety stock at aggregate level)
- (-) Soft allocated Inflight (all lines that are in between the stock allocation and the LSP confirmation)
- Total: Available for Sales
Stock Aggregate Trace Overview
Manual Stock Update
The manual stock update generate an outgoing feed for the frontend. Please, take into account that the next stock snapshot updated automatically by the OMS will overwrite the values edited manually.
You have to select Source to Update, then describe the reason, indicate the client SKU and the quantity. Finally, press the “update” button.
Manual Stock Update